Private Duty Skilled Nursing
Capital City Nurses; DC Office
Who We Are
At Capital City Nurses our client-focused approach helps you or your loved one to age in place and maintain a life of dignity and independence. A tailored approach ensures clients receive the home health care services they require while keeping them safe.
A Registered Nurse (RN) performs a complete assessment and Personal Care Coordinators make a Caregiver match based on client preferences, skills, and availability. Service levels are based on the client's Individual Plan Of Care.
Licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers are supported with regular training, education, and other resources.
Caregivers provide a wide array of services including:
- Personal Care includes bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, and helping with everyday tasks.
- Companionship includes chatting, encouraging activities, sharing meals, games, letter writing, and connecting with family through video chat.
- Transfer and ambulation care includes fall prevention care.
- Accompaniment to appointments and errands including safe escort to and from social events, hospital appointments, pharmacies, and more.
- Meal preparation and if needed, feeding assistance including healthy diets to ensure proper nutrition.
- Medication reminders.
- Range of motion assistance including help with physical therapy exercises between appointments or to stay active.
- Light housekeeping.